This page is updated regularly – Please check back
Help us by donating to the Exeter foodbank or directly to the Beacon Centre and the Beacon Heath and Whipton Community Action Group. Donate here
- Pharmacy2U offering free deliveriesFind out more here: Pharmacy2U The Beacon Centre does not endorse this […]
- Music with MummyWhen: Starting Tuesday 14th September What: Music with Mummy and Jolly Babies […]
- Apply Here: Community connectors!Position Vacant: Community Connector Who we are looking for We are looking […]
- New freezer from LivewestMany thanks to LiveWest for its generous donation of £500 so we […]
- Grant of £11,500 for the centreExciting news! We’ve just received two grants totalling £11,500 to help keep […]
- Hurray, the centre is slowly coming back to life!After a few quiet months we’re so happy to see people coming […]
All support requests are being coordinated by Exeter City Council who are passing request onto local groups, including ours. Contact them using the website Exeter City Council, where they have published many resources to help you.
Exeter City Council with the Exeter Well-being teams are also there to deal with urgent issues.
The support group is managing requests on a daily basis and will normally respond within 24 hours. We will try to match you with a local volunteer who will contact you directly when they have been assigned. You will get an email (if you have provided an email address) every time we update your request.
There are local street coordinators and local support groups who are helping with other requests. Our community builder, Amy, can be contacted Monday-Thursday 9-5 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shopping, chemists and pharmacies
Some local shops, chemists and pharmacies are offering a collection and delivery services. We will keep this list up to date as far as we can but you can email us with any additional information.
If you are offering this service and want to be listed please email us at email@example.com
Who we are
This support group is made up of staff and volunteers from Isca Church; The Beacon and Isca Community Enterprises; Well being Exeter; Local residents. We are working in collaboration with Exeter City Council and other government bodies.
Collectively we are coordinating the meeting the needs of vulnerable, isolated or socially isolated residents of Beacon Heath and Whipton.
We are looking for volunteers who can:
- Call lonely or isolated people
- Collect and deliver food from the Foodbank
- Collect and deliver medication
- Collect and deliver shopping from the supermarket
To sign up to become a community volunteer sign up by going to the Become a Community Volunteer page (opens in a new window)
Once you have signed up to volunteer you will be contacted by a member of the team to discuss what you can do. If you have a current DBS check in place please be ready to email a copy of it to the team along with details of the organisation who the check was carried out by.